Thursday, June 6, 2013

Charters, Tours, or Guides?

My travel blog is new, but from the few reader I might have at this point I would like to ask..."Do you have or know of a Charter, Tour, or Guide company that you would like me to blog about? I love learning of fun and exciting new places and the different ways to explore them. Plus, being a small independent business owner, I know how important it is to spread the word! I would love to feature other small business owners in the travel industry on a regular basis.


Today I am going to feature Moore Charters operating out of Juneau, Alaska. A little over 10 years ago I sold most of my stuff down in Tucson, Arizona and ran away to Alaska for a couple years! What an adventure! I met some great people in Haines, Alaska. Grant Moore was one of them. He now lives in Juneau and has his own fishing and whale watching charter business. What a great day job!

I highly recommend going to Alaska. It is unbelievably beautiful. I remember thinking the snow-capped mountains looked computer generated because they were so sharp and clear. I haven't been able to see all of the Inside Passage yet, but I have been to the top. Juneau, Haines and Skagway are at the top of the passage. Being a map lover, I made a map of the region...


If you haven't noticed yet I am also a pirate lover. Traveling that far north can feel like the "end of the world". I actually drove the whole way from southern Arizona and all the way up through Canada. I couldn't afford the ferry route at the time. Coming over the pass in the Yukon down into Alaska I really felt like I was at the top of the world. The distant orientation of the sun plays a large part in the far away feeling.

 photo 48b093e0-fef4-4b03-a4f6-61ff1d042ce0.jpg There are a lot of whale to see from your charter boat!
 photo adc91ccb-2df3-4271-9c26-0e3b1aedb6a4.jpg Look at the beautiful colors in that glacier at Tracy Arm!
You can book a private charter with Moore Charters to Tracy Arm. Whales, seals, icebergs and glaciers!  photo 0040368b-5596-4cb5-9bb2-b25e468cf867.jpg

Fresh King Salmon anyone?
Meet Capt. Grantley  Moore with some fresh catch of the day.
"Most of our visitors are folks on Alaska cruise ship shore excursions and our trips are tailored to get you to the heart of the action quickly and then back to your boat in a timely fashion."
 
Check out his website for more pictures, prices, and videos.
907.723.8472
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment